Winter is definitely here now and we thought we could share with you this immunity boosting, body soothing natural remedy to help fight colds and flu! You can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
- 2 lemons thoroughly cleaned
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger about the size of your pointer and middle finger
- Raw dark honey (runny) - Chestnut/Oak/Heather would be ideal
- 12 oz mason jar
1. Slice lemons and ginger.
2. Place the lemon and ginger slices in the mason jar, alternating layers of each.
3. Slowly, pour honey over the lemon and ginger. Allow the honey to sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Fill jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
4. Store in the refrigerator. Over time, the mixture will start to turn into a loose jelly.
5. When you are in need of some soothing tea, scoop 2-3 tablespoons into a mug full of hot water—be sure to scoop whole pieces of ginger and lemon. Allow to steep for 3-4 minutes and sip away.
Hope this will help you to face the cold season !
Recipe from Simple Green Smoothies